Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Shack

Yesterday, I ordered The Shack. Has anyone heard of it? Read it? Have any thoughts on it? It's a self-published work of fiction about, as I understand it, a man who feels led to go back to the shack where his young daughter was killed, where he meets up with and confronts God with a lot of hard questions. Apparently, it's become a word-of-mouth phenom and also ignited controversy because some right-wing Christians have questioned its theology. But since my Jesus Creed cyber pal Peggy Brown (I'll at some point put in a link to her "Abbess" blog) said I had to read it, I bought it. I was frugal: I got it from half.dot, but I thought as I was ordering it, you are leaving in two weeks and you ordered another book???? Are you crazy? Well, probably.

Anyway, I'd love to hear people's thoughts if they've read this book or heard of it!

No comments: