Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year, New Job ...ssss

Happy New Year. This year has got to be better than last, economically speaking, right?

In the all-important world of "moi," several jobs have emerged despite the dismal economy: First, I will be teaching Writing and Rhetoric I at Ohio University in St. Clairsville, about a 20-25 minutes drive from home here in Barnesville. I will also be working from home as a document transcriber. (If anybody has a transcribing tape recorder they no longer need, I would be willing to buy it.) And giving proof to the theory that if it rains, it pours, I also heard from Rise Up magazine, which I had thought was defunct, but apparently isn't. So I may be paid for work already done and the publication may resume printing. That would be wonderful!

All this means that in a few days I leave my restful, peaceful life behind and enter into a busy period. I am looking forward to all these jobs, which perhaps indicates I have had enough of R&R. More likely, it means I don't know what I'm getting myself into!

We had a lovely week at home during Christmas and New Years. We spent a night at my in-laws in York, Pa. and then the rest of the time with our friend Sherri in Laurel, Md. We saw many friends and enjoyed our time back in our other "home."

How was your holiday?

1 comment:

Bill Samuel said...

And I was surprised to see you in the Washington Post today with a Where We Live piece. Is this one done long ago but just now running, or did you do it on a trip back here?