Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hello and update

Hi to everybody and thanks for the comments. I continue to have trouble accessing my own blog, but plan to buy a new computer very shortly and hope this will solve the problem. Of course, is it a problem? There's a certain liberation in limping along on life support between two old laptops. In any case, I'm posting this third blog in one day to explain that the two blogs beneath it, on the Old Testament and peace, were one big long blog cut in half.

I have a few more things to say over the next few days (or weeks) about the Bible and peace, and need to address some of Marshall's comments, as I apparently nearly gave his Biblical-scholar self a heart attack with my untutored commentary. Well, there is an explanation for everything! One of the problems with blogging is the need to keep things short. Also, time is short. If journalism is the first draft of history, blogging is the rough draft of the first draft ... or something. So the dialogue back and forth is great for clarification. It seems as though every time I think something and don't write it down, it comes back to haunt me ...

And of course, I struggle with the balance problem. Part of me would like to blog more frequently, but then there is that life that interferes! Perhaps I can blog about that a little too!

No comments: