Thursday, August 6, 2009

New York and back

I returned Monday from a trip to New York. I had the thrill there of meeting Martin Levin, husband of the late Marcia Martin, author of the Donna Parker series, favorite books of my childhood. We have reached an agreement for me to do some light editing on a reissue of the series and to write an introduction to the reprinted books.

I stayed with my sister-in-law (good friend) and brother-in-law in Northern New Jersey.

I love New York. My sis-in-law and I went to see a play called "Levittown," dined out, shopped and went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I enjoyed seeing Rye, a suburb about 45 north of Manhattan (the actual setting of the fictional town of "Summerfield, NJ" in Donna Parker) and having the opportunity to spend a morning in Hoboken.

Afterwards, I spent a night with our friends the Danos in Ellicott City and drove back to Barnesville with their son Elvin, who is visiting Will and Nick.

No comments: