Monday, March 10, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog.

I invite you to comment on my posts --or anything else appropriate. Just click the comment button at the bottom of a post to do so. The only rule is to be civil. I have been much influenced by Scot McKnight's Jesus Creed blog, which manages to be a haven of kind and intelligent discourse.

This blog is a work in progress, and I will see how it evolves.

The chairs in the photo slideshow to the right belonged to George Fox and Margaret Fell. We were allowed to sit in them during our trip to Swarthmoor Hall in England last year. You've got to love the English for that kind of gesture. In this country, those chairs would be behind bullet proof glass. (For non-Quakers, George Fox is usually credited as the founder of Quakerism. Margaret Fell was a prominent Quaker, and after the death of her first husband, Fox's wife.) The other photos are from the same trip to the English Lake District.

P.S. Roger added the "Giant" icon to my post about determining authenticity. What do you think of it?

1 comment:

Bill Samuel said...

Diane, I look forward to you using your writing talents in a blog where you can write about what moves you, and not be hemmed in by what a client wants to see. Look forward to the continuing adventure of your blog.