Saturday, September 20, 2008

Edmondson Village

I found the two Jaques Kelly columns I link to below in the Baltimore Sun. I love Jaques Kelly, and in these two columns, he's writing about a place beloved to my heart, Edmondson Village! I was born and spent the early part of my life in this neighborhood on the western edge of Baltimore City. I adored it. I have such vivid memories of life there, although I was so young. (I wish I had the same clarity of memory today.)

I love to hear people's stories, which is probably why I ended up in a graduate program in English literature and not in something more lucrative, like corporate law (big sigh). Other people jive on following a day by day account of the assault on Iwo Jima or a book on how to make their computer do amazing things, but for me, I love to hear about people. Anyway, if you are interested in a window into my early history (or have your own memories of Edmondson Village), these links paint a picure, and bring back lots of memories:


http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-md.kelly13sep13,0,1757154.column.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-md.ci.kelly20sep20,0,5039697.column.

Of course, I'm all ears to hear other people's memories.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Hi Diane- I hate to do this to you- again...but I'm leaving blogger. I am unsettled right now- really unsettled- and try as I might, blogging doesn't fit. However, I will keep up with your blog, if that's okay. Just wanted to let you know so there won't be any surprises this time! Sorry...
:)

Diane said...

Hi Regina,

My first response to you never appeared, so I'm trying again. I will miss you (!), but I understand. Please stay in touch. I love hearing from you. I will hold your unsettledness in the light. Know I have loved the poetry you've shared on your blog, both yours and others.

Diane